how to make pierogi at home recipe : We teach you how to prepare the most popular food in Poland and the world. We hope you enjoy it.
It will take at least 45 minutes to 1 hour to prepare. And in the end you will have 52 pieces. Suitable for 5 to 6 people .
you may also like :
Ingredients for home preparation:
For the dough
2 cups all-purpose flour of good quality. (About 242 grams)
Half a teaspoon of salt
A big egg
Yeast half a cup
A quarter cup of melted butter
Circular molds with a diameter of 5 cm
One cup (equivalent to 230 grams) of mashed potatoes ( must be hot)
One cup (115 g) of grated cheddar cheese – can be replaced with pizza cheese.
Optional: Grated sausage or minced meat + mushrooms
Two big onions finely chopped
Salt and black pepper as much as desired
homemade pierogi recipe
- Combine flour, eggs and salt and mix well. At the end of this step you should have a heavy and fragmented dough.
- Add yeast and butter. (Leave some butter for the end of cooking) and stir well. The dough should be a nice, slightly sticky at this stage.
- Knead the dough by hand (without adding flour) until the stickiness is removed .
- Refrigerate the dough for at least half an hour and a maximum of two hours.
- If you add minced meat or mushrooms, cook them for at least 10 minutes and up to 25 minutes.
- Mix the puree and cheese well. Until the cheese is completely melted. Then add the onion and pepper, salt and meat or sausage.
- Take out the dough and flatten the dough to a thickness of at least two millimeters. Then cut the dough with circular molds.
- Put 11 teaspoons of mixture of potato(or meat) in each slice of dough.
- Gently fold the dough to completely cover the fillings. Then press the edges of the dough until it is completely closed. Finally, shape the edges with a fork to decorate the edges.
- Pour the batter into a saucepan of boiling water and salt (in a number that do not stick together) and remove when they float.
- Butter the pierogis. And put them in the oven.
Pierogi nutrition facts
In each number (if meat or sausage and mushrooms are added to it):
3 grams of fat
25 grams of carbohydrates
5 grams of protein
420 mg sodium
12 mg of cholesterol